CUMULATIVE TOTAL

  1. #1
    Norm
    Guest

    CUMULATIVE TOTAL

    I created a worksheet with some formulas in it. I would
    like to be able to add other worksheets at the end as
    required using the copy command. I would be changing the
    data in these new added-on worksheets. I need a "running
    total" formula that will total specified cells from
    existing sheets and incorporate the data from any new
    sheet added at the end.

    How can I do this?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: CUMULATIVE TOTAL

    If you are summing like

    =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!D1:D20)

    create 2 empty dummy sheets that always will be the first and last sheets
    and include
    them in the sum

    =SUM(First:Last!D1:D20)

    then when you add sheets you always put them in-between these 2 sheets, that
    way your sum will always be updated
    without changing the formula

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom