Can I invert a table so row headings are now column headings etc

  1. #1
    Sharon
    Guest

    Can I invert a table so row headings are now column headings etc

    Does anybody know of a quick way in Excel to invert a table fully so that all
    data is flipped - row headings become column headings and vice versa ?

  2. #2
    Steve
    Guest

    Re: Can I invert a table so row headings are now column headings etc

    Copy
    Paste Special, Transpose

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Sharon
    Guest

    Re: Can I invert a table so row headings are now column headings e

    Steve - Thanks a million - you've saved me a lot of time.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Can I invert a table so row headings are now column headings etc

    Sharon

    Copy>Paste Special>Transpose.

    NOTE: you are limited to 256 columns so if you have more rows than that you
    are out of luck.

    Also, you can't paste onto an area of the original data.

    I like to paste onto a new worksheet so no chance of overlap.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP