grand-total of subtotals ?

  1. #1
    Neither rhyme nor reason
    Guest

    grand-total of subtotals ?

    Hi,

    I am looking for the formula that would allow me to grand-total the value of
    subtotals in a column. I'm obviously new at this.

    regards

    ---

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: grand-total of subtotals ?

    If you apply data>subtotal then you should get a grand total at the end
    (bottom)

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: grand-total of subtotals ?

    how did you create your subtotals?

  4. #4
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: grand-total of subtotals ?

    Assuming your subtotals were created using the SUBTOTAL() function then you
    can simply use the same function on the whole range and it will ignore them
    and not doublecount anything. You have to be careful though in that if you
    filter any rows then any hidden values in that range will not be summed.

    As already suggested, take a look at Data / Subtotals, and also take a look
    at Pivot tables. If your data can be used to feed a Pivot Table and you can
    get your head round those you will never look back.

    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03