How do I move from a cell containing the formula TO a different c.

  1. #1
    PutFormula
    Guest

    How do I move from a cell containing the formula TO a different c.

    In EXCEL the comnputed value is normally placed in the cell that has the
    formula in it. How can I place the result into another (different) cell?

  2. #2
    biff
    Guest

    How do I move from a cell containing the formula TO a different c.

    Hi!

    Did you see the replies to your same question from last
    night?

    You can't use a worksheet formula to assign a value to a
    differenet cell. You can have a formula in cell A1 and
    have that same value link to another cell. If you want the
    same value in A1 to also populate cell D25, in D25 enter:

    =A1

    What you want to do can be done with VBA but that's a
    whole different issue.

    Biff

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I move from a cell containing the formula TO a different c.

    Formulas return results only to the cell in which they are written.

    Cannot change another cell's value.

    Assuming formula in A1 returns "hoohah!"

    In B1 enter =A1 to return "hoohah!"

    OR use some type of event code to populate B1.

    Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
    Range("B1").Value = Range("A1").Value
    End Sub

    When calculation takes place B1 takes the value from A1 if A1 contains a
    formula.

    Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code"

    Copy/paste the event macro in there.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP