vlookup reverse// please help

  1. #1
    cecman
    Guest

    vlookup reverse// please help

    I would like to reference column 1 from the value looked up in column 8.
    How???

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    you can do it with inex and match or offset and match

    for example

    offset(a1, match(your lookup value,h1:h1000,0)-1,0)

    or

    offset(h1, match(your lookup value,h1:h1000,0)-1,-7)
    not a professional, just trying to assist.....

  3. #3
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: vlookup reverse// please help

    try <match> and <index> functions. excel help on these functions will be of
    help

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    vlookup reverse// please help

    How about some details???

    Index/Match or Offset

    Biff

  5. #5

    Re: vlookup reverse// please help

    And Debra Dalgleish has some nice instructions (for both =vlookup() and
    =index(match()) at:

    and