List Box-phone number associated

  1. #1
    R P
    Guest

    List Box-phone number associated

    Is it possible for Excel to populate several cells with unique values
    using one List Box field?

    A list box contains values 1 to 10 and depending on which value I
    choose, a name, address and phone number associated to that value
    would be populated into various other cells.

  2. #2
    Oliver Ferns via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    re: List Box-phone number associated

    Hi,
    Absolutely....Use the INDEX formula to populate the cells you want from the
    source data based on the LinkedCell property of the ListBox (assuming it is
    a Listbox from the Forms toolbar). If you need an example post your email
    address (with "at" replacing "@") to this thread and we can talk further.

    Hth,
    Oli

  3. #3
    Hi Oli

    I'm using/making a file/workbook that will contain a 1000 sheets plus and I think RP's idea may help me reduce my load, if what you say is easily done for all 1000 sheets easily. I've a number of cells repeated on all but a few of each sheet that could use the ease of adding a number to produce a text result from a range.

    If this is the case, pls email me an example to liamlatrineathotmail.com

    Thks in advance, Liam

  4. #4
    R P
    Guest

    Re: List Box - sample.xls (1/1)

  5. #5
    R P
    Guest

    Re: List Box - sample.xls (0/1)

    Thanks, aphoolatbellsouth.net, attached is a sample file that I am
    trying to work with.

  6. #6
    R P