Sumif help please

  1. #1
    Barb1
    Guest

    Sumif help please

    I have 4 copiers with different prices per copy. I need to write a formula
    with criteria to fit this.

    Model Price per copy number of copies total price
    490 .012 17
    550 .32 211

    So, I need if model #x then multiply by its corresponding cost.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Houston, TX
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb1
    I have 4 copiers with different prices per copy. I need to write a formula
    with criteria to fit this.

    Model Price per copy number of copies total price
    490 .012 17
    550 .32 211

    So, I need if model #x then multiply by its corresponding cost.
    One way...

    Create a 2-column table for Model and Price per copy. Let's say that this table is in X1:Y4

    Enter the following formulas in:

    Cell B2 : =vlookup(A2,$X1:$Y$4,2,0)

    Cell D2: =C2*B2

    Here is how it will work:

    1. Enter the Model number of the machine that was used in Cell A2. In your table above, this is "490"

    2. As you enter "490" in Cell A2, the price per copy will appear in Cell B2

    3. Enter the number of copies in Cell C2

    4. The total price will then appear in Cell D2

    Hope this is what you are looking for.
    BenjieLop
    Houston, TX

  3. #3
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Sumif help please

    Barb,
    If I understand you correctly then with your table, Model, Price & Copies
    in A1:C5 and the required model # in E1 then:

    =VLOOKUP(E1,A1:C5,2)*VLOOKUP(E1,A1:C5,3)

    will give the total price for the model.

    HTH

    Sandy

    --
    to e-mail direct replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk