How do I count data in range A:A that is dependent upon criteria .

  1. #1
    h2ocats
    Guest

    How do I count data in range A:A that is dependent upon criteria .

    I would like to count items in range A:A (header Priority with data 1 through
    5) that are dependent upon range B:B )header Status with data IN WRK, COMP,
    OPN). So how do I count the 1s in A:A that are "COMP" in B:B?

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: How do I count data in range A:A that is dependent upon criteria .

    One way:

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A1000=1),--(B1:B1000="COMP"))

    See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/doubleneg.html for an explanation of
    "--".