Date formula

  1. #1
    Sussex
    Guest

    Date formula

    I am designing a simple spreadsheet to show a 'next review' date in
    excel 97.

    I have one column showing the last review date (column H) and another
    column showing the next review date (column K). The formula I have
    used in cell K1 is =H1+7 which then display the date in cell K1 as 7
    days later ie I enter 21/02/05 in cell H1 and cell K1 then shows
    28/02/05. I am entering this formula each time I make an entry.

    How can I format the entire K column to automatically add 7 days
    without have to enter the formula individually into each cell each time
    a new entry is added?

    Thanks

    Tim

    ps I am a novice, at best, with excel.

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Date formula

    In cell K1 enter
    =IF(H1="","",H1+7)

    Using the fill handle (the small cross at the bottom right of the cell),
    hold your left mouse button down as you drag the mouse down the column as
    far as you wish to go.

    --
    Regards
    Roger Govier