Sorting data by last to digits

  1. #1
    Brian
    Guest

    Sorting data by last to digits

    I have a worksheet that I need to sort by terminal digits (last 2 digits).

    The data is in column A in the format:

    '0004135296

    Notice the ' at the beginning.

    I need to sort this data by the 96 at the end.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Don S
    Guest

    Re: Sorting data by last to digits

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:07:58 -0600, "Brian" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I have a worksheet that I need to sort by terminal digits (last 2 digits).
    >
    >The data is in column A in the format:
    >
    >'0004135296
    >
    >Notice the ' at the beginning.
    >
    >I need to sort this data by the 96 at the end.
    >
    >Thanks.

    Since your data is in text format, start a new column to the right of
    your data and enter =RIGHT(A1,2) with A1 being your first entry in
    your table. Copy it to the bottom row of your table and sort on the
    new column.

    Don S

  3. #3
    Brian