What does a "plus" cursor mean (in lieu of the pointer?)? thanks

  1. #1
    S. Hegge
    Guest

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: What does a "plus" cursor mean (in lieu of the pointer?)? thanks

    When the pointer is a large white plus sign, you can select cells on the
    worksheet.

    If the pointer is a small black plus sign, you're positioned over the
    fill handle (a black square at the bottom right of the selection). You
    can drag the fill handle down, up, left or right, to fill data in
    adjacent cells.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    Curt
    Guest

    Re: What does a "plus" cursor mean (in lieu of the pointer?)? than

    If you Ctrl + Alt + "the plus sign", your curser/pointer enters another
    universe wherein it looks to insert objects, same thing happens when you do a
    Ctrl+Alt+- (Minus sign). ---If you're not referring to the scenario Debra
    describes below...

  4. #4
    S. Hegge
    Guest

    Re: What does a "plus" cursor mean (in lieu of the pointer?)? than

    Curt: Is the large white plus sign a "normal" state for you cursor in an
    excel worksheet? I seem to have it all of the time, and I don't recall it
    being that way. Thanks for your informative explanation!
    Steve in Denver

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: What does a "plus" cursor mean (in lieu of the pointer?)? than

    Yes, as soon as the mouse pointer moves into the sheet it will be a fat plus
    sign/cross

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...