In Excel what can I use for the XINDEX function from Lotus 123?

  1. #1
    Val from ICB
    Guest

    In Excel what can I use for the XINDEX function from Lotus 123?

    How can I have the formula look at a 2 different cells for values, match them
    to a row and column on a chart and input the value at the intersection. The
    XINDEX function works this way in Lotus 123.

  2. #2
    Harlan Grove
    Guest

    Re: In Excel what can I use for the XINDEX function from Lotus 123?

    Val from ICB wrote...
    >How can I have the formula look at a 2 different cells for values,

    match them
    >to a row and column on a chart and input the value at the

    intersection. The
    >XINDEX function works this way in Lotus 123.

    The best Excel equivalents for the 123 formula

    @XINDEX(RNG,ColVal,RowVal)

    would be

    =INDEX(RNG,MATCH(RowVal,INDEX(RNG,0,1),0),MATCH(ColVal,INDEX(RNG,1,0),0))

    =VLOOKUP(RowVal,RNG,MATCH(ColVal,INDEX(RNG,1,0),0),0)

    =HLOOKUP(ColVal,RNG,MATCH(RowVal,INDEX(RNG,0,1),0),0)

  3. #3
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: In Excel what can I use for the XINDEX function from Lotus 123?

    Data Table in A1:H8

    Column headers in B1:H1
    Row Headers in A2:A8

    Column value to lookup in A12
    Row value to lookup in A13

    =INDEX($A$1:$H$8,MATCH(A12,A1:A8,0),MATCH(A13,A1:H1,0))

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...