pls advise

  1. #1
    George
    Guest

    pls advise

    pls advise how to solve the following,

    city names are 3 letter coded

    sheet1
    A B
    1 CPH Copengagen
    2 FRA Frankfurt
    3 BCN Barcelona
    4 DUB Dublin

    I have extracted from database many 3letter coded city names
    but i need also full name next to it. what would be the formula?

    sheet2
    A B
    1 CPH ?formula?
    2 CPH
    3 DUB
    4 FRA
    5 FRA
    6 BCN
    7 CPH

    thank you very much in advance!

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: pls advise

    =VLOOKUP('Sheet2'!A1,'Sheet1'!A1:B200,2,0)

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:ec%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: pls advise

    Would be nice if your subject line was a little bit more informative.
    It does help other people when they're searching for help.

    Anyway, try this:

    =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$A$20)),"Not
    Found",VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!$A$1:$B$20,2,0))

    And drag down to copy as needed.
    --

    HTH,

    RD