Creating a formula using absolute referencing - I think!!

  1. #1
    Victoria
    Guest

    Creating a formula using absolute referencing - I think!!

    Hi

    I would be very grateful for help in the following:
    I am creating a spreadsheet which I want to update on a weekly basis. I
    would like to be able to make a point have a value i.e.

    1 point = £75.00

    I would like to reference the cell so that when I enter increased points in
    one cell
    it will show the value in pounds in another cell and update whenever there
    is a change.

    I am sure that I have done this before (absolute referencing with interest
    rates??)
    Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Creating a formula using absolute referencing - I think!!

    Hi

    P.e. you have points in A1
    Into cell, you want to display value in pounds in, eter the formula
    =A1*75
    and format as currency.

    Arvi Laanemets

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: Creating a formula using absolute referencing - I think!!

    Enter 75 in say Y1 (out of the way area).

    Say names in Column A, A2:A50
    Points in Column B, B2:B50
    Enter this formula in C2:

    =(B2<>"")*$Y$1*B2

    And copy down as needed.

    Where you can simply change the value in Y1, which will automatically change
    *all* the formulas.

    --

    HTH,

    RD

  4. #4
    Victoria
    Guest

    Re: Creating a formula using absolute referencing - I think!!

    Thank you soooo much - I'm embarrassed it was that easy!!

  5. #5
    Victoria
    Guest

    Re: Creating a formula using absolute referencing - I think!!

    Thank you very much!!