Golf Handicap

  1. #1
    Dick Gwin
    Guest

    Golf Handicap

    I have golf scores in columns b thru r that are entered weekly.
    The league uses handicaping based on the last 5 scores, eliminating
    the lowest score and the highest score, averaging the remaining 3 scores.
    The league uses a rotation system so that a player may have his last
    5 scores spread over 7 or 8 weeks (columns). I need a formula in column s
    that
    looks back thru the weeks & finds the last 5 scores for calculating the
    handicap.
    The following formula is only applicable if the last 5 are all together in
    5 consecutive columns.
    (SUM($C5:$G5)-MAX($C5:$G5)-MIN($C5:$G5))/3)-(36))

    R Gwin

  2. #2
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: Golf Handicap

    Hi ****
    I have been using the following to find the best (lowest) 6 scores out of a
    range of golf scores.
    It might help you get started.
    Does your handicap allow for course ratings etc.

    =SMALL(A6:S6,COUNTIF(A6:S6,0)+1)+SMALL(A6:S6,COUNTIF(A6:S6,0)+2)+SMALL(A6:S6,COUNTIF(A6:S6,0)+3)+SMALL(A6:S6,COUNTIF(A6:S6,0)+4)+SMALL(A6:S6,COUNTIF(A6:S6,0)+5)+SMALL(A6:S6,COUNTIF(A6:S6,0)+6)

    hth
    Michael

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Golf Handicap

    Hi!

    Goto this page:

    http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html

    Scroll down to item 27. It's a free sample workbook that
    will get you started in the right direction. If you
    download the sample you'll see that what you want to do is
    not so easy!

    Biff

  4. #4
    Daniel.M
    Guest

    Re: Golf Handicap

    Hi,

    This ARRAY formula (Ctrl-Shift-Enter) :

    =TRIMMEAN(IF(COLUMN(B5:R5)>=LARGE(IF(B5:R5,COLUMN(B5:R5)),5),IF(B5:R5,B5:R5)),0.
    4)

    Regards,

    Daniel M.

    news:[email protected]...