add hours & minutes to other hours & minutes to receive total hou.

  1. #1
    Wes
    Guest

    add hours & minutes to other hours & minutes to receive total hou.

    help

  2. #2
    Basil
    Guest

    RE: add hours & minutes to other hours & minutes to receive total hou.

    A1 + A2 or something similar.

    The addition should work but you would want to ensure the cell format
    (number) displays what you want it to. Try going to format>cells...
    click on the number tab and go to Custom. In the box, type [H]:mm
    Be sure to put the square brackets around the H.

    You see if, say you add 21:00 to 09:00, The default would generally show
    06:00 as the answer - this is because what you don't see is that it is 06:00
    + 1 day - you would have to change the format to include date to see this
    difference.

    I hope this is clear enough - my english is getting ropey!

    PS You may want to consider giving us more info next time you post.

    Basil

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: add hours & minutes to other hours & minutes to receive total hou.

    =A1+A2

    as simple as that, format the result cell as [h]:mm

    RP

    news:[email protected]...