Prevent entry based on another cell value

  1. #1
    Melissa
    Guest

    Prevent entry based on another cell value

    Hi every one
    A1=5
    B1=10
    If C1 is is not between 5 and 10 then D1 is "locked" for entry.
    I suppose some sort of custom conditional formatiing would do this but Im
    not sure how to do it.
    Thanks!
    Melissa

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Prevent entry based on another cell value

    Melissa,

    Select cell D1, then use Data | Validation, then choose "Custom" and use
    the formula

    =AND(C1>=A1,C1<=B1)

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Prevent entry based on another cell value

    Hi Melissa

    click on D1
    choose data / validation
    under allow choose