Excel: Which numbers in a column equal a certain number (withou.

  1. #1
    Pax
    Guest

    Excel: Which numbers in a column equal a certain number (withou.

    Which function tells me which numbers in a column equal a certain number?
    For example:

    25,000
    100,000
    2,000
    19,000

    Which of these numbers, added together, will give me the result of $121,000?

  2. #2
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Excel: Which numbers in a column equal a certain number (withou.

    Go to Google newsgroup search and search for

    combination equal number

    in groups microsoft.public.excel.*

    You'll find lots of hits on how to do this with Solver.