i push the fx and stupid insert funtion box appears

  1. #1
    patrick
    Guest

    i push the fx and stupid insert funtion box appears

    I want to be able to hit fx then the scroll box on left pick sum and hit my
    cells but a stupid box keeps apearing so I have to work off that insert
    function box instead..

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    i push the fx and stupid insert funtion box appears

    Hi!

    Use the AutoSum button on the Standard toolbar. It's the
    button with the funny looking E.

    Biff

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: i push the fx and stupid insert funtion box appears

    patrick

    I think what you're referring to is the = sign that existed in earlier version
    of Excel. Click on it an select from the list in the Name Box. Very handy.

    Gone as of 2002. No work-arounds.

    You can move the = sign to your Toolbar but it does not bring up the Function
    Wizard so is useless except for not having to type the = sign. Wheeee!!

    Was not a popular move on the developers' part.

    Perhaps re-structured in the next version after 2003.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP