Using Excel for Accounts Payable - Comprehensive

  1. #1
    MidNiteRaver
    Guest

    Using Excel for Accounts Payable - Comprehensive

    I am looking at putting together an accounts payable workbook. I was
    wondering though if they was one someone had done already, in which case I
    wouldn't reinvent the wheel, but simply download it.

    I need the workbook to have a main page which would indicate all the
    suppliers, the totals owed, days out standing etc.

    The individual suppliers sheets would have each invoice entered, along with
    the following data, invoice date, invoice item total, invoice additional
    charges total (shipping , packing etc), our purchase order for that invoice,
    the PO date, currency. The sheet must allow for multiple payments on the same
    invoice each showing days from date of invoice due.

    Yes essentially I should be using a database program but they tend to be too
    messy, and get worse when things go wrong.

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Using Excel for Accounts Payable - Comprehensive

    This doesn't sound like something for Excel at all. I agree you should look
    for a good database program or, even better, a standard package.
    I would strongly recommend not to use Excel for this.

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Using Excel for Accounts Payable - Comprehensive

    If you are in the US you can get Pachtree accounting or Quickbooks preatty
    cheap
    I would never use Excel for this even if I had a tiny company

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...