Counting Values that meet another cells criteria

  1. #1
    Jess
    Guest

    Counting Values that meet another cells criteria

    Hello,
    what I am trying to accomplish is to get a formula that will count a value
    that is greater than 0 say in column j5:j40 but I only want it to do it if it
    meets a certain criteria say if column d5:d40="C5", I seem to be stumped and
    I have not been able to come up with any formulas for it. written in normal
    terms i would like something like if any row in column d5:d40 equals "C5"
    then count the value from column j5:j40 if it matches the row in d5:d40.
    Don't know if this makes any sense to anyone but I would surely appreciate
    any help I can get. Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: Counting Values that meet another cells criteria

    One way ..

    Put in say K2:

    =SUMPRODUCT((J2:J10>0)*(D2:D10="C5"))

    Adapt the ranges to suit