Don't update excel links

  1. #1
    JacoH
    Guest

    Don't update excel links

    In Excel 2000 when I open my workbook I don't update my Links and it shows me
    the value.In Excel 2003 when I don't update my link it just shows me a error
    instead of the value.
    What can I do so that it shows me the value and not the error?

  2. #2

    Re: Don't update excel links

    xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous
    versions. In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links
    prompt, the existing values are kept. In xl2002+, you get those errors.

    Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...TNGP11.phx.gbl

  3. #3
    JacoH
    Guest

    Re: Don't update excel links

    Thank you.
    I have try it but still have the same errors.