Lookup Function Error

  1. #1
    Jacinthe
    Guest

    Lookup Function Error

    I am trying to create a lookup function for a data set on Sheet 2 in my
    workbook. The lookup function looks like this:

    =lookup(b3,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$953,Sheet2!$B$2:$B$953)

    All I am getting is a #N/A error message. What am I doing wrong? I have
    even used the function button to use the "assistant" fill-ins (something I
    rebel against) ... when I trace the error and check the comment, it tells me
    there is no data in the cells, which is certainly not true.

    Help!

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Lookup Function Error

    Hi

    can't see anything wrong with the formula ... however, one thing to check,
    is it possible that the entries in column A of sheet 2 contain leading or
    trailing spaces (or the entry in B3)?

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    TJCatte
    Guest

    RE: Lookup Function Error

    I am a total Newbie to Excel and wanted to do what you were trying to do. I
    came across your message and borrowed the code. IT WORKS! I have
    copy-pasted the code to numerous cells changing only the worksheet names and
    lines or columns! I am glad you asked the question! It saved me a lot of
    stress! Good luckin working yours out!