How to calculate a person's age taking into account their birthda.

  1. #1
    CPD174
    Guest

    How to calculate a person's age taking into account their birthda.

    I want to figure the age of a person based on two entered dates, their
    birthday and another date of occurrance. I want this to reflect whether or
    not their birthday has yet occurred in this calendar year.

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: How to calculate a person's age taking into account their birthda.

    Hi

    Chip Pearson's web page
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#Age

    has the following info:
    Calculating A Person's Age

    A frequent use of the DATEDIF is to compute someone's age based on the
    current date and their birthday. The formula below will return someone's
    exact age based on their birthday in cell A1.

    =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & "
    months, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days"

    This will return a string like

    33 years, 9 months, 18 days

    instead of NOW() (which uses the current date) you can put another cell
    reference in containing the date you want their age known at.

    Cheers
    JulieD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How to calculate a person's age taking into account their birthda.

    Use the DATEDIF function.

    =DATEDIF(birthdate,TODAY(),"y"Â*)

    See www.cpearson.com/excel/datedifÂ*.htm for more details about DATEDIF.

    RP

  4. #4
    ness
    Guest

    Re: How to calculate a person's age taking into account their birt

    Thank you - a great help! Vanessa Leonard

  5. #5
    Ambrosiy
    Guest

    Re: How to calculate a person's age taking into account their birt

    DateDif sometimes retrn WRONG Value for exm.:
    calculate datedif (by days) for 12/31/2004
    3/1/2005

  6. #6
    Ambrosiy

  7. #7