If Statement Question

  1. #1
    carl
    Guest

    If Statement Question

    I have a table that looks like so:

    COLA COLB
    1 AB
    2 CD
    1 EF
    1 GH
    2 IJ
    2 KL

    I would like to use the MCONCAT(A2:A6,",") formula to look at COLA and if
    equal to 1, concat those but if equal to 2 do nothing.

    Like this:

    AB,EF;GH

  2. #2
    Michael
    Guest

    RE: If Statement Question

    Hi Carl
    One way:
    Put in an extra column and insert the following formula
    =IF(A1=1,B1,"").......copy down as far as you need.
    Then at the bottom of the extra column put
    =CONCATENATE(C1,C2,C3,C4,C5,C6).......this function allows for 30 arguments
    only!! But you could get around that by breaking it up into groups of 30
    lines.
    I'm sure the other NG users will come up with a SUMPRODUCT answer but this
    might help in the short term.

    HTH
    Michael