Excel countif function

  1. #1
    bkcthecat
    Guest

    Excel countif function

    How can I count the number of cells having a value greater than the content
    of a given cell --- for example --

    cells a1 - a7 contain the values 1 - 7, and I want to count the number of
    cells in the range a2:a7 which are greater than the value in cell a1

    If I try countif(a2:a7,">a1") I get 0
    If I try countif(a2:a7)">1") I get 6

    If countif isn't the way to do this - is there another way?

    The function can count the number of cells equal to the value in the
    referenced cell - but not find those greater than (or less than) the content
    of the referenced cell.

    Thanks -----

  2. #2
    KL