Formula referencing deleted row (move up automatically)

  1. #1
    Paulymon
    Guest

    Formula referencing deleted row (move up automatically)

    I have a list of items with values:

    aaa . 5 . 7 fixed value=5 computed cell = 7 (fixed + 2 e.g.)
    bbb . 4 . 11 fixed value = 4, computed cell = 4 + 7
    ccc . 2 . 13 fixed value = 2, computed cell = 11 + 2

    I want users to be able to delete e.g. row bbb and have all the data move up
    but when I do that the ccc computed cell shows #REF.

    Is there a way to get the cell to reference the one above it and not the
    deleted cell?
    So, if bbb was deleted, the computed cell for ccc would = 7 + 2?

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Formula referencing deleted row (move up automatically)

    Assuming the 5 and 7 in your example appear in A2 and B2, and all your
    'constant' values are in column A, then paste this formula into B3

    =A3+OFFSET(A3,-1,1)

    then copy it down as far in column B as you need it