COUNTA, COUNTIF?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Guest

    COUNTA, COUNTIF?

    I am trying to perform a COUNTA on one column based on the values held in two
    other columns, but I can't get the correct syntax.

    It's for football results and has the following set-up.

    Column A = Type (PREM, or LGCP)
    Column D = Result (W, D or L)

    I am trying to count the number of each Result if Type = PREM

    So, W should be a COUNTA if $D$2:$d$44 = W and $A$2:$A$44 = "PREM"

    Can someone please put me out of my misery.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Akhilesh Dalia
    Guest

    RE: COUNTA, COUNTIF?

    Hi!
    Forget COUNTA use SUMPRODUCT

    =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$44="PREM"),--($D$2:$D$44="W"))

    Regards

    Akhilesh Dalia
    akhileshdalia<at>hotmail<dot>com