How to set a formula to count the product appear how manytime

  1. #1
    AMY
    Guest

    How to set a formula to count the product appear how manytime

    Hi all,

    Really need your help on how to set a formula to count the
    product name appear in how many time.

    example,

    Cell A1
    Product A
    product B
    Product C
    Product A
    Product A
    product B

    total product A = 3 times
    total product B= 2 times
    total product c = 1 times

    thanks for help

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How to set a formula to count the product appear how manytime

    =COUNTIF(A:A,"Product A")

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    amy
    Guest

    Re: How to set a formula to count the product appear how manytime

    Can I have the countif for 2 or 3 condition together and
    hwow to do it

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How to set a formula to count the product appear how manytime

    Not COUNTIF, but you can use

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="value1"),--(B1:B100=17))

    as an example, which counts the number of items where A=value 1 and B =1 7,

    Just extend for a 3rd, 4th etc condition, but make sure the range sizes are
    always equal.