Rounding criteria within a nested vlookup and hlookup

  1. #1
    Jay Z
    Guest

    Rounding criteria within a nested vlookup and hlookup

    I am working to track commodities markets. Basically the situation is this:
    - I enter market pricing information for the two commodity markets in 4
    decimal places
    - From there I have a separate chart with one commodity market on the x-axis
    and one commodity market on the y-axis.
    - The row heading is rounded to nearest $.01
    - The column heading is rounded to nearest $.05

    When I enter the market prices for the commodities, I want to pull our
    pricing from our supplier. So, it is the intersection of the one market
    price, rounded to nearest $.01, and the other market price, rounded to
    nearest $.05.

    My formula is currently:
    =VLOOKUP(MROUND(B11,0.01),'Item 12970'!A9:P74,HLOOKUP(MROUND('Cost
    Savings'!C11,0.05),'Item 12970'!B8:P75,68,FALSE),FALSE)

    However, for certain values entered into B11 or C11, I get a #NA error and I
    can not figure out why.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Rounding criteria within a nested vlookup and hlookup

    Maybe

    =VLOOKUP(MROUND(B11,0.01),'Item 12970'!$A$9:$P$74,HLOOKUP(MROUND('Cost
    Savings'!C11,0.05),'Item 12970'!$B$8:$P$75,68,FALSE),FALSE)

    RP

    news:[email protected]...