Sort Data by Frequency

  1. #1
    Susan Smith
    Guest

    Sort Data by Frequency

    Is it possible to sort data by the frequency in which a number occurs instead
    of ascending/descening? Currently I sort by a column which is currency so
    that items of the same $ amt are together. I would like to have the items
    that occur the most be at the top with those that occur only once at the
    bottom.

  2. #2
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Sort Data by Frequency

    Let's say your data is in A1:L289, with headers in row 1 and the amount in
    question in column K. In M2 put this formula =COUNTIF($K$2:$K$289,K2) and copy
    it down. Then sort with 2 keys: the first is column M, the 2nd key is column
    K.