Delete rows not in Edit Menu

  1. #1
    NewsgroupFan
    Guest

    Delete rows not in Edit Menu

    How do i delete rows that wont delete?
    Do Ihve to unlock them? I did not create the spreadsheet and it is mine,
    and I dont want to retype the entire spreadsheet just because I dont know how
    to undue the formatting in it.

    the spreadsheet is not locked or password protected from making any changes.

  2. #2

    Re: Delete rows not in Edit Menu

    First, what version of excel are you using?

    Second, how are you trying to delete rows?

    Third, what happens when it fails?

    Fourth, you wrote the spreadsheet is not protected. Do you mean the worksheet?
    You can check under tools|protection|protect sheet. If you see
    "Unprotect sheet", then the worksheet is protected.

    You may need a password to unprotect that worksheet.