Multiple minimums for the same column

  1. #1
    Hassan Alameh
    Guest

    Multiple minimums for the same column

    Hello everybody,

    I have a data that is like this:

    Date Room Time In
    1 1 7:30 am
    1 1 10:30 am
    1 2 8:30 am
    1 2 1:10 pm
    2 1 8:30 am
    2 1 6:40 am
    2 1 9:45 pm
    etc

    can i have the minimum of every date AND room?, i.e. have a set of
    minimums for each room and each room?
    I am interested in knowing the starting times throughouth a month for
    all rooms.

    regards

  2. #2
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Multiple minimums for the same column

    Try a Pivot Table. Select the range of data and go to (in
    XL2003) Data > PivotTable and PivotChart Report.
    Click "Next" twice and then click the "Layout" button.
    From here, drag the date field to the ROW area, the room
    field to the COLUMN area, and time in to the DATA area.
    Double-click on the time in field and change it to Min.
    Click OK and Finish. Note that you'll probably have to re-
    format the time values as time, which you can do in the
    Pivot Table or afterward. Also, I'm assuming you don't
    have more than around 250 rooms. If so, put the room
    field in the ROW area under date. To learn more about
    Pivot Tables, see:

    http://it.fuqua.duke.edu/public/2001...leIntroduction
    ..pdf
    http://edferrero.m6.net/Pivot20031.html

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA

  3. #3
    LanceB
    Guest

    RE: Multiple minimums for the same column

    =MIN(IF(($A$2:$A$8=A2)*($B$2:$B$8=B2)<>0,$C$2:$C$8))

    Replace "=a2" and "=b2" with table of unique dates and rooms

  4. #4
    Hassan Alameh
    Guest

    Re: Multiple minimums for the same column

    Thank you alot, it worked,

    also i managed to do it using subtotals + min for each subtotal..

    regards..