Calculate time and cost

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Sjoestaal
    Guest

    Calculate time and cost

    I would like to calculate the cost per minute. I have column with time,
    hh:mm:ss, and a column with costs in swedish Krona. How do I divade the cost
    with the time? I would like to know how much each minute of work costs.
    Whatever I try the result ends up wrong.

    The time is larger then 23:59:59 (i.e 133:25:00).

    Appreciate any help!

    Lasse

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Calculate time and cost

    Hi Lasse,

    Time is stored as a fraction of a day. So to get the number of minutes,
    multiply by 24*60 (=1440)

    --

    Kind Regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: Calculate time and cost

    With time in a1, and cost in a2, the cost per minute is:

    =a2/(a1*1440)

    Fred
    Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail