formatting date

  1. #1
    Torrance Pollard
    Guest

    formatting date

    Hey,
    is there any way to format this date 2005 so that it only shows the year
    number 5
    thanks

  2. #2
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: formatting date

    I don't think you can do it in the cell. This might give you a solution but
    in another cell:

    =RIGHT(TEXT(A1,"dd/mm/yyyy"),1)

    Regards

    Trevor

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: formatting date

    Right-click on the cell and select Format Cells. Click on the Number tab and
    select Custom at the bottom of the list. Clear the Type: text box and enter
    yyyy. Click OK.