How can I generate number based on two measurements?

  1. #1
    Columbo
    Guest

    How can I generate number based on two measurements?

    I have a price list in excel that I print and give to my salesmen, right now
    they just look on the chart to get the prices. A2 thru A13 show the height,
    B1 thru T1 show the width and B2 thru T13 show the prices. I'd like to use
    excel to enter a width in one cell and height in another to get the price and
    think I have to use <> for the measurments in between. I have played around
    with this off & on and have realized I have no idea where to start. If you
    have any ideas, please let me know.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How can I generate number based on two measurements?

    One way

    =INDEX($C$1:$C$13,MATCH(1,($A$1:$A$13=$F$1)*($B$1:$B$13=$G$1),0))

    entered with ctrl + shift & enter

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How can I generate number based on two measurements?

    I would CONCATENATE Tthe Height and Width entries, using a X divider (
    like 10X20) into a VLOOKUP table with the prices and use this
    =VLOOKUP(A2&"X"&B2,H1:I100,2,FALSE)

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  4. #4
    Kassie
    Guest

    Re: How can I generate number based on two measurements?

    You stated that your heights are in A2:A13,
    your Widths are in B1:T1,
    your prices are in B2:T13.
    If you use Cell A15 for entering the Height, and B15 for entering the width,
    enter the following formula as an array in C15

    =INDEX($B$2:$T$13,MATCH($A$15,$A$2:$A$13,1),MATCH($B$15,$B$1:$T$1,1)).
    Remeber, once you have keyed in the formula, DO NOT PRESS ENTER. Instead,
    press <Ctrl>,<Shift>,<Enter>.

  5. #5
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How can I generate number based on two measurements?

    Actually you don't have to array enter this formula

    Peo Sjoblom

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Kassie
    Guest

    Re: How can I generate number based on two measurements?

    Thanks for the correction Peo!