Hard page break that won't allow me to scroll past? would love to find out ;)

  1. #1
    M.R.S.
    Guest

    Hard page break that won't allow me to scroll past? would love to find out ;)

    Hi all,

    So I've got 500 row of data or so, and I'm trying to hi-lite them so do
    stuff, but if I start dragging the mouse down, it runs off and I'm at row
    10,000 before I know it! I can control the speed of it, but I was wondering
    if there was a way to set a hard 'end' point to the rows, let's say at 501
    or so...

    This way, when I try to scroll down (basically, a scroll lock of sorts), it
    won't pass where I don't have any data. I can't find any info in all the
    texts that I have..

    Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. Excel is so powerful, I am really
    liking it!

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Hard page break that won't allow me to scroll past? would love to find out ;)

    If you know the address of the last cell of your data, you can *exactly*
    select the range by:
    1] Click in first cell - Click in "name box" - Enter last cell (i.e. A50) -
    Hold <Shift>, Hit <Enter>

    2] Click in "name box" - Enter range (i.e. A1:A50) - Hit <Enter>
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    M.R.S.
    Guest

    Re: Hard page break that won't allow me to scroll past? would love to find out ;)

    "Ragdyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If you know the address of the last cell of your data, you can *exactly*
    > select the range by:
    > 1] Click in first cell - Click in "name box" - Enter last cell (i.e.
    > A50) -
    > Hold <Shift>, Hit <Enter>
    >
    > 2] Click in "name box" - Enter range (i.e. A1:A50) - Hit <Enter>
    > --
    > HTH,
    >
    > RD

    > "M.R.S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> So I've got 500 row of data or so, and I'm trying to hi-lite them so do
    >> stuff, but if I start dragging the mouse down, it runs off and I'm at row
    >> 10,000 before I know it! I can control the speed of it, but I was

    > wondering
    >> if there was a way to set a hard 'end' point to the rows, let's say at
    >> 501
    >> or so...
    >>
    >> This way, when I try to scroll down (basically, a scroll lock of sorts),

    > it
    >> won't pass where I don't have any data. I can't find any info in all the
    >> texts that I have..
    >>
    >> Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. Excel is so powerful, I am really
    >> liking it!

    Thanks for the reply,

    Unfortunately, every column has different amounts of rows and it is
    difficult to manage all this data. I have approximately 200 columns of data
    with 500 rows (+/- 50 rows), and have about 20 workseets with this amount of
    data ..

  4. #4
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Hard page break that won't allow me to scroll past? would love to find out ;)

    Then you're stuck with clicking in the first cell, and then use the scroll
    bar to find the end of the data, and then <Shift>, and click in the last
    cell.

    What I occasionally do is depress my mouse scroll wheel, which gives me a 4
    sided scroll icon, where I can smoothly scroll up, down, left, or right, and

    -
    > > Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

    !

    -

  5. #5
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: Hard page break that won't allow me to scroll past? would love to

    If you select any cell within your 500 rows of data, then press Ctrl-* (using
    the asterisk on the numeric keypad), Excel will automatically select the
    entire current region. Much, MUCH faster than using the mouse.