Absolute address in Workbook linking

  1. #1
    rfhorn
    Guest

    Absolute address in Workbook linking

    Is it normal that when I link cells from worksheets in different Workbooks
    the formula is always an absolute address?

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Absolute address in Workbook linking

    Yes, that's the default behavior of Excel. Just get into the habit of
    hitting F4 one, two, or three times prior to hitting enter, to change the
    reference type.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    rfhorn
    Guest

    Re: Absolute address in Workbook linking

    Thank you for the response.