Heavily linked spreadsheet freezes with "calculating cells 0%" - .

  1. #1
    MJGOBLUE
    Guest

    Heavily linked spreadsheet freezes with "calculating cells 0%" - .

    I have a spreadsheet with mulitple links to other spreadsheets. I have
    identified that the link to one particular spreadsheet causes the file to
    lock up with the message in the progress bar: calculating cells 0%. How do I
    effectively troubleshoot the multiple links to that spreadsheet to determine
    the problem link(s)?

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Heavily linked spreadsheet freezes with "calculating cells 0%" - .

    I think I would just make a copy of the file, and then delete half of the
    potentially bad links. then if that solved the problem, you know it was one
    of the ones you deleted that was bad, if not, it was one of the ones you did
    not delete.........keep doing that, half of whats left, etc until you
    isolate it down to the bad link...........or, if you prefer, just eliminate
    them all, and just add them back one at a time until it breaks.............

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...