Splitting a cell

  1. #1

    Splitting a cell

    Is it possible to split a single empty cell into 2?

    My co-worker is trying to stump me with an excel
    question. I told her that there's no way to do that but
    she said she did that previously, by mistake. I still
    don't think it's possible. I know you can split a merged
    cell. And I know you can split text within a single cell
    thru the text to columns. But I don't think you can split
    an empty cell into 2.

    Please confirm.

    Thank you,

  2. #2
    Nige
    Guest

    RE: Splitting a cell

    I don't see that you'd be able to split a single unmerged cell - in Excel a
    cell would need to have a column property which the resultant split cells
    couldn't have. Did your co-worker maybe split the cell in Word rather than
    Excel..?