Hide Enable/Disable Macro pop-up when file opens

  1. #1
    steve
    Guest

    Hide Enable/Disable Macro pop-up when file opens

    For MS Excel files that contain macros, when the file is
    opened, a standard pop-up window shows three buttons for
    the user to select: "Enable" or "Disable" or "More Info".

    In some instances, users select disable, and the macros I
    created do not work in the file.

    Is there VB code written to hide this window and to have
    the macros automatically enable without giving the user an
    option to disable?

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Hide Enable/Disable Macro pop-up when file opens

    Steve,

    No. That behavior depends on their macro security setting, which you cannot
    change. You could have a sheet that has "You should enable macros!" on it,
    that you have as the default sheet, and that you hide with the workbook open
    macro, so that if the macros are enabled the user only sees the sheet flash
    by.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    steve
    Guest

    Re: Hide Enable/Disable Macro pop-up when file opens

    Thanks for the information and good suggestion.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Hide Enable/Disable Macro pop-up when file opens

    steve

    That would obviate the need for Macro Security so there would be no point in
    Excel providing security from macro viruses.

    Check out help on "Digital Certificates" to find out how to sign your
    projects.

    OR go to news group alt.virus.distribution for pointers.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP