Lookup values in a column and display them in order with no gaps

  1. #1
    Snaggle22
    Guest

    Lookup values in a column and display them in order with no gaps

    Hi. Quick Question. Let's say I have a column of values ranging from 0 to
    whatever. I would like to, on the next column, look up to see if the value
    in the column is 0 or not. If it is 0, I would like to skip it and move on to
    the next value. If the value is non-zero, I would like to put that value in
    the box and then move on to the next box, checking everthing down that it
    just checked. Basically, if I have 0,0,0,0,12,0,0,0,100 in a column, I would
    like to, in the next column look like: 12,100 leaving out the zeros. Thanks

  2. #2
    Aladin Akyurek
    Guest

    Re: Lookup values in a column and display them in order with no gaps

    Snaggle22 wrote:
    > Hi. Quick Question. Let's say I have a column of values ranging from 0 to
    > whatever. I would like to, on the next column, look up to see if the value
    > in the column is 0 or not. If it is 0, I would like to skip it and move on to
    > the next value. If the value is non-zero, I would like to put that value in
    > the box and then move on to the next box, checking everthing down that it
    > just checked. Basically, if I have 0,0,0,0,12,0,0,0,100 in a column, I would
    > like to, in the next column look like: 12,100 leaving out the zeros. Thanks

    Some options...

    [1] AutoFilter the range for not equal to zero then copy and paste the
    result to the destination.

    [2] Invoke a fast formula system to build the desired list.

    Post back if interested in [2].