Macro that wont go away - Help

  1. #1
    taxmom
    Guest

    Macro that wont go away - Help

    Hello,

    I created a simple print macro in a worksheet. When another user opened the
    workbook there was a message something to the effect that the macro or link
    was not connected and they could not make any changes or do anything in the
    workbook it was locked. I went back to my desk brought up the worksheet and
    deleted the macro. I probably selected something other than this workbook
    when creating it.

    Anway I deleted the macro however the other users now get a message to
    enable or disable the macro. I deleted the macro. Where else can it be? How
    can I get this to stop. I had the other users change their security to low
    in order to be able to get into it.

    Help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Ramakrishnan Rajamani
    Guest

    RE: Macro that wont go away - Help

    I would probably check the existence of VB Code using ALT+F11.

  3. #3
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Macro that wont go away - Help

    taxmom,
    You also have to remove the modules on which the macros were stored have a
    look here for details http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    taxmom
    Guest

    Re: Macro that wont go away - Help

    Thank you. The data in the link was very helpful. I had to remove the
    module1. It seems to be gone.

    thanks so much!