excel 97 stopped working

  1. #1
    john f
    Guest

    excel 97 stopped working

    My Excel 97 stopped working several months ago. It is part of Office 97
    Small Business Edition. I have uninstalled Excel and then re-installed it.
    That did not help. I tried to uninstall the entire Office suite (so that I
    could re-install it) but got an error message regarding a
    "set up initialization error". So the Office uninstall process did not work.

    All of my Excel files are intact and I can read them. But I cannot creat
    new files or modify old ones. Word is working fine. Can anyone help me out
    with this. Thanks. John F.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: excel 97 stopped working

    John

    You may want to completely uninstall Office 97 and try a re-install.

    Removing is not so easy as just add/remove.

    See this KB article and note the links to the removal wizard tool and other
    utilities.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q158658/

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP