Disable Scientific Notation conversion

  1. #1
    Clark G.
    Guest

    Disable Scientific Notation conversion

    I need to turn-off a function in Excel that causes text data to be converted
    to numbers in Scientific Notation form. I don't want my text file that
    contains text to be automatically converted. Example: 83E2 will be
    converted to 8.30+E3. I want it to open with 83E2 only.
    --
    Client Server Developer

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Disable Scientific Notation conversion

    Do you have control of how the text file gets made? If so specify a single
    quote in front of this field then Excel will read text.
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: Disable Scientific Notation conversion

    or you could use the OpenText Method in your import procedure and code in
    which fields you want to be text.
    HTH,
    Gary Brown