lookup and replace data

  1. #1
    Xcellular
    Guest

    lookup and replace data

    I have a spreadsheet with part numbers and associated cycle times based on
    part families (similar products grouped with same cycle time):

    part num ct
    D26MF 5
    D26MPL 5
    D26MPL 15
    D26MPR 15
    D26MBA 8
    D26MD20 8

    When the cycle times change from process improvements I need to lookup up
    the product families and change the cycle times all at once rather than one
    by one. Is there a function for this?

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: lookup and replace data

    try
    Sub replacenums()
    For Each c In Selection
    x = Len(c) - InStr(c, " ")
    If Right(c, x) = 15 Then c.Value = Application.Substitute(c, 15, 26)
    Next

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]