Excel - pivot table - how do i format cells with data mm/dd/yyyy .

  1. #1
    Dave
    Guest

    Excel - pivot table - how do i format cells with data mm/dd/yyyy .

    i have base data in the format of mmddyyyy hhmmss that I'm putting into a
    pivot table. How can I format the Pivot Table fields to show mmdd so only
    one entry shows for a given day? 'format\cell\mmdd' does not work

  2. #2
    William
    Guest

    Re: Excel - pivot table - how do i format cells with data mm/dd/yyyy .

    Dave

    Untested, but could you not group your dates into "Days"
    --

    -----
    XL2003

    William