change numbers to text

  1. #1
    thanks
    Guest

    change numbers to text

    Hello,

    If a have a colum with numbers and want to convert the numbers >=7 to "YES"
    and the numbers <7 to "NO", what formula should I use?

    Example
    With the formula I must see:
    YES
    YES
    NO

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: change numbers to text

    =IF(A1>=7,"YES","NO")

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: change numbers to text

    =IF(A1>=7,"YES","NO")

    RP

  4. #4
    thanks
    Guest

    Re: change numbers to text

    I need to change all the column at the same time, not cell by cell.

    Thank you!

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: change numbers to text

    Code?

    iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row
    For i = 1 to iLastRow
    If Cells(i,"A").Value >=7 Then
    Cells(i,"A").Value = "YES"
    Else
    Cells(i,"A").Value = "NO"
    End If
    Next i

    RP

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: change numbers to text

    For <7 and >7 use a helper column and this formula copied down that column.

    =IF(A1>7,"YES","NO")

    What do you want to do with numbers that are exactly 7?

    =IF(A1>7,"YES",IF(A1<7,"NO",7)) will return 7 if 7, otherwise YES or NO.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  7. #7
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: change numbers to text

    After putting the formula in B1, highlight B1 and you will see a little
    black square in the lower right corner of the cell........just double-click
    on that square and the formula will automatically copy itself down column B
    as far as you have data in column A..........