Find and REPLACE within a selection, or column- not entire sheet/.

  1. #1
    smithers2002
    Guest

    Find and REPLACE within a selection, or column- not entire sheet/.

    Excel 2003: Is it possible to carry out a find and replace within a selection
    without having to constantly click 'find/replace next'? I constantly only
    need to replace values with names in certain selections, not the whole
    database. it will allow me to FIND all the ones in the section only, but when
    I click 'replace all' it replaces the entire database. Very annoying!

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Find and REPLACE within a selection, or column- not entire sheet/.

    Hi

    Strange! When I select a range containing several cell before invoking
    Replace feature, and perform ReplaceAll, then all search values are replaced
    IN SELECTED RANGE (Excel 2000)

    Arvi Laanemets

    ..
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Find and REPLACE within a selection, or column- not entire sheet/.

    Arvi, works that way for me too in 2003
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    smithers2002
    Guest

    Re: Find and REPLACE within a selection, or column- not entire she

    Hi, thanks for your responses- I tested this again in Excel- I wrote a list
    of 1,2,3,4,5,6 in one part of a sheet, then copied this list to another part
    of the sheet. I then selected the first list, did a find and replace (it only
    found one of what i was looking for, which was correct), then clicked Replace
    All and it replaced the other unselected list too!! Very Frustrating indeed!

  5. #5
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Find and REPLACE within a selection, or column- not entire she

    Hi

    "smithers2002" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, thanks for your responses- I tested this again in Excel- I wrote a

    list
    > of 1,2,3,4,5,6 in one part of a sheet, then copied this list to another

    part
    > of the sheet. I then selected the first list, did a find and replace (it

    only
    > found one of what i was looking for, which was correct), then clicked

    Replace
    > All and it replaced the other unselected list too!!

    And the range remained selected (blocked) during second search too? Or you
    clicked somewhere on sheet meanwhile?

    Arvi Laanemets