How do I automatically increment worksheet number when pasting a .

  1. #1
    Mr Keldor
    Guest

    How do I automatically increment worksheet number when pasting a .

    I'm using Excel 2003. I have multiple similar worksheets in a workbook. I
    want to summarize data from the similar worksheets to "master" worksheet also
    in the same workbook. For example I want to extract the data from cell D2
    from all the similar worksheets to a column on the master worksheet. This
    formula (='Sheet1 (2)'!D2) will reference the data in Cell D2 from Sheet1
    (2). If I copy and paste it in into multiple column cells Excel will
    automatically increment the cell identifier D3, D4, D5 etc. Is it possible
    to have Excel increment the Sheet identifier Sheet1 (3), Sheet1 (4), Sheet1
    (5)..etc when doing a copy/paste. Or does anyone have a better idea to
    automate this task?

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: How do I automatically increment worksheet number when pasting a .

    Instead of having in say, B2: ='Sheet1 (2)'!D2

    Try in B2: =INDIRECT("'Sheet1 ("&ROWS($A$1:A2)&")'!D2")
    then copy B2 down

    The above will return the desired incrementing
    of the sheet # as you copy down
    --
    Rgds
    Max